Why Scott Moreau got kicked out Re: Scott Moreau Banned From Official Wayland IRC Channel

RenoX renozyx at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 16:14:42 PDT 2013

While I won't comment about the ban itself, I'm not so sure that this part:

darxus at chaosreigns.com wrote:
> The final problem was that, despite his proclamations that he intended to
keep his forks compatible with wayland, he refused to use the existing
mechanism to retain protocol compatibility to make the protocol changes he
needed, without providing a reason.

I'm not a wayland expert, but if memory serves he did provide a reason for
the minimize part, he thought that it should be introduced at the same
point as the maximize request which is in the wayland protocol.

renoX