Helping in reviewing

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 00:48:00 PDT 2013

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 14:09:48 -0700
Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

> So whenever you see a change that you think you can provide input on, do so.
> If you don't feel like saying it's completely fine, say so too. The initial
> review you provide on simpler things (coding style, thread-safety, etc.) is
> already helping.

Anyone can review coding style, but what if we massage coding style and
other minor details back and forth a lot, and then someone does a
proper subjective review NAK'ing the whole idea, or at least forcing a
complete rewrite. Is that review and improvement work wasted for
nothing, or is it useful?

That is a reason why I do not feel comfortable in reviewing just the
minor details, if I can't tell whether the whole idea or approach is
good.