weston-desktop-shell

Nancy Zou Nancy.Zou at csr.com
Thu Jul 16 04:06:38 PDT 2015

Hi pekka

>>Btw. even the 3 seconds sounds awfully long. What platform is this and which backend/renderer?
Fbdev backend, gl renderer

>>Did you pass some --with-cairo= option to Weston's configure?
--With-cairo=image

>>Does the desktop fade in from black, or does it just jump out after 3 seconds?
 No black screen with Weston-desktop-shell. But if use other clients, there is black screen first.

The Weston-desktop-shell start need about 1.5s. After start Weston-desktop-shell, then start my own launcher need about 3s. I used to start my launcher instead of Weston-desktop-shell, it need to cost 15s.

Part of my Weston.ini
[core]
shell=/usr/lib/weston/desktop-shell.so
backend=/usr/lib/weston/fbdev-backend.so

[shell]
background-color=0xff002244
background-type=tile
panel-color=0x90ff0000
locking=true
animation=zoom
startup-animation=fade
#client=/usr/bin/launcher
client=/usr/lib/weston/weston-desktop-shell

>>The 16 seconds delay happens because the application you replaced weston-desktop-shell with does not do the job of weston-desktop-shell.
>>There is a 15 second timeout to show the desktop in case weston-desktop-shell fails to signal ready.

Thank you for your details. Does it means the desktop shell need to check the signal or the compositor?

Best Regards
Nancy

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Keep up to date with CSR on our technical blog, www.csr.com/blog, CSR people blog, www.csr.com/people, YouTube, www.youtube.com/user/CSRplc, Facebook, www.facebook.com/pages/CSR/191038434253534, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CSR_plc.
You can now access the wide range of products powered by aptX at www.aptx.com