[Xcb] SVN: any intense objections to switching?

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Wed Aug 3 02:10:56 EST 2005

In message <1122994125.8088.7.camel at localhost.localdomain> you wrote:
> Is it possible to go backwards?  We don't want a source code motel where
> which we can check in to but not check out of ;-).

Good point.  I thought I'd checked this, but I can't find my
old notes around anymore.  It looks like this might do the
job:
  http://svn2cvs.tigris.org/
Someone should experiment with it a bit.

> I'd also recommend frequent tarball generation so that you don't
> discourage people putting their toes in the water with Xcb; most
> everyone knows how to check out of CVS; the same is not true of SVN.

Maybe.  SVN co is really not that hard to figure out; it
essentially is just like CVS, except with URLs instead of
the magic CVS -d strings and the whole "login" fiasco.

Thanks for the great thoughts!

    Bart