[Xcb] Win32 port

Peter Harris pharris at opentext.com
Tue Aug 31 15:40:18 PDT 2010

On 2010-08-24 05:25, jeetu.golani at gmail.com wrote:
> It's been a while but I thought I'd check up on whether anyone has
> managed to try out the Win32 port and how my codebase on github works on
> Windows and Non-Windows platforms. If I remember correctly at last
> contact it was decided that once there was feedback on how the code
> performed across platforms and didn't break anything on non-windows
> platforms it would be integrated into the main trunk.

Yes, you remember correctly. Thanks for the reminder.

> Pls let me know if there's anything more that I can do to ease inclusion
> of this port in the main tree :)

I've gone ahead and merged your tree, on the basis that Bart promised we
would[1].

I fixed up xcb_in.c to include sys/socket.h on non-windows even when
USE_POLL is defined, otherwise recv is used without being declared.

For future reference, there are a few things that could be done better
next time:
 - The big initial commit should (probably) have been split up into
digestible chunks to make it easier to review.
 - The later commits to fixup typos and such should have been "squashed"
into the commit that they fix (see "git rebase -i").
 - Commit messages should be word-wrapped at 72-ish characters.
 - Signed-off-by lines are a good idea. We haven't been picky about
them, but we're trying to use them more now.

Thanks for working on this.

Peter Harris

[1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xcb/2010-February/005628.html
--