[Xcb] status of XCB + Xlib + GLX -> OpengGL

Cosmin Apreutesei cosmin.apreutesei at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 08:35:34 PDT 2015

Hi,

There's a thread from 2012 that says:

"Note that, due to some unfortunate design decisions, most OpenGL GLX
libraries are incompatible with XSetEventQueueOwner"

That suggests that the xcb opengl tutorial[2] might not actually work.
Could someone please clarify if that tutorial is the right way to get
to a working OpenGL context and what are the issues with that?

I've started out with XCB but now I wonder if it was the right
decision vs Xlib. Some relief appreciated :)

Thanks,
Cosmin.

[1] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.freedesktop.xcb/7339
[2] http://xcb.freedesktop.org/opengl/