GStreamer on freedesktop

Andrew Sobala aes at gnome.org
Tue Dec 9 18:25:27 EET 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 16:05, "Marc Boris Dürner" wrote:
> >As for me providing 'a reference implementation' (to use your own
> >words), are you implying that you would write your own implementation in
> >C++ instead of using an implementation based on g-lib?
>
> Is that not why dbus is being developed?

Most people see D-BUS as a way of allowing different languages to use
IPC so HAL only needs to be written once to be available from anywhere.
If you wanted to rewrite HAL itself in different languages, D-BUS would
allow you to do this, but it would be rather a waste of time.

> What do you think the linux distros
> are going to
> do? You must be very naive to think that RedHat would ship something that is
> actually
> compatible...

You are a very misguided individual.

--