keyboard shortcuts

Pat Suwalski pat at suwalski.net
Thu Aug 12 21:56:02 EEST 2004

Kevin Krammer wrote:
>>Because Ctrl-Tab has done tabs as we know them since the Windows 3.1
>>days. I'm not familiar with a prior implementation of this. It's a
>>behaviour meny, many users are familiar with. Users know Ctrl+O opens a
>>file, they know Ctrl-Tab switches to the next tab, they may know
>>Ctrl-Shift-Tab switchs back a tab. If it's a specification proper we're
>>after, why not adopt the accepted standards?
>
> There seems to be a misunderstanding here. I think the IMHO broken
> implementation of Ctrl+Tab for desktop switching allows to change to some
> better implementation and free Ctrl+Tab for Tab switching

Oh, I understood the exact opposite. I thought you were saying that the
Ctrl+Tab must stay as is for all the reasons you gave.

But then, back to the original discussion: if everyone can agree that
Ctrl+Tab is a decent default for Tabs, then there is no argument here.

Perhaps the discussion should move to how virtual desktops should
behave. A specification here would be welcomed, I'm sure.

Still, in terms of Ctrl+Tab, what does plain Qt do with that binding? Is
it tab switching?

--Pat