Trash spec 0.2, technical questions

Mikhail Ramendik mr at ramendik.ru
Mon Aug 30 12:04:38 EEST 2004

Hello,

Version 0.2 of the Trash Spec is now available. The location is
unchanged:

http://www.ramendik.ru/docs/trashspec.html

Thanks to Dave Cridland and Alexander Larsson for speedy feedback.

Dave has brought up some questions (rather technical) that I feel should
be solved in the list. Namely:

- Does the document need to be copyrighted and licensed? Currently it
has a license but no copyright statement; this is likely to be
meaningless. I don't want to copyright it alone because the substance of
the content is not mine. Perhaps it should be a joint copyright by
David, Alexander and me? (And is the current license in the text OK?) Or
is it better to slap "public domain" on it? Or just to leave it with no
copyright statement?

- Currently I use $topdir for "a top directory" and $trash for "a trash
directory". But these are not real environment variables. Perhaps
<topdir> and <trash>, or just topdir and trash (in italic script),
should be used instead?

None of this affects the content of the specification, it's just
document-specific stuff.

Yours, Mikhail Ramendik