merge prjoects / move to freedesktop.org

Darryl Rees rees at netnam.vn
Sun Feb 22 15:48:08 EET 2004

Zhang Weiwu wrote:

> Peter "Firefly" Lund wrote:
>
>> "ChillyShapes", "Chilli", "ChillySigns"?
>>
>> Or how about "Chinx"/"ChinX"/"ChInX"? (depends on your sense of humour,
>> of course) ;)
>>

> Chinx sounds good, chinix makes people think it's an OS. Others I
> don't really get them.

Weiwu,

Sorry if you know this already -
Chinx would be pronounced 'Chinks', which used to be a (I think not very
polite) term used in some English speaking countries to refer to Chinese
people in the plural. I think this is what Peter means by sense of
humour. If you want to 'reclaim' that term - which was originally not
very polite - then I guess that's fine; but I think you should know this
before deciding on the name.

I didn't get the 'chili' references either - perhaps references to spicy
Sichuan cousine?

There is already a chinput, maybe you could be something like hanziX,
sinokey, or cjkinput? (also I think chinix is fine...)

Cheers,
Long.