Desktop Entry Specification

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Wed May 25 12:46:47 EEST 2005

<quote who="Asgeir Frimannsson">

> Reducing disk space or CPU usage is not the issue here. Inconsistent
> desktops (partially translated) is. In addittion, Supporting language
> packs means distributors (and language teams) can provide language packs
> *after* the software is released.

This was the key goal for the Ubuntu language pack infrastructure [ I saw
your link to one of our more recent specs ;) ], and although we get to use
some of the best tricks in our packaging infrastructure to enable it, we do
still have basic problems with amalgamated translations in files such as
these.

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2005: May 29th-31st                           http://2005.guadec.org/

   "You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to
       walk away, and know when to run." - Kenny Rogers, The Gambler