libxdg-vfs - screenshots

nf2 nf2 at scheinwelt.at
Tue Jun 27 14:55:34 EEST 2006

Dave Cridland wrote:

> Data is important, of course, but so is interface. It's important that
> not only are the file dialogs for multiple applications presenting the
> same data as each other, but they're presenting it in the same manner.
> (Having the same interface but different data would be, of course,
> utterly useless and a usability disaster)

But i think providing a similar interface doesn't mean that file dialogs
have to be written in the same toolkit. I have heard there are plans to
have a Button-Order flag through XSETTINGS and probably there could also
be a  File-Dialog-Style "hint". There is no need for absolute
perfectionism and no need to rush either - the data-model should be
fixed first...

Norbert