[Wasabi Proposal] XML desktop query language
Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen
mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 14:44:59 PST 2007
I updated the proposal (and wiki examples) with the following to reflect
recent discussions (some where off-list, sorry):
- Allow to embed the user level language in a query
- let the stemming enablement be undefined by defualt
- Allow a language hint on strings
- Introduce a fullText selector, for searching in "all fields where it
- A "type" attribute on the query element specifying the type of objects to
look for - fx "music" or "video". The names of the types still have to be
settled upon in the metadata spec - these will also be available through the
- Should we have an XOR selector?
- Should we allow multiple words in the proximity selector (left out
because it has some ambiguitites right now)?
- Is the way of negating an expression ugly? Right now you specify the
attribute negate="true" of a collectible ("and", "or" or a selector type).
See 3rd example on wiki.
- Specify the end-user language
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the xdg