[XESAM] Meeting reminder, this Monday 20:00 UTC

Fabrice Colin fabrice.colin at gmail.com
Mon May 14 04:20:06 PDT 2007

On 5/14/07, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com> wrote:
> The meeting will start at 20:00 UTC on #xesam on FreeNode, and it is my hope
> that we can get through the agenda in <= two hours

Sorry, I won't make it, this will be in the middle of the night for me.

>     - How to store the draft? We have no svn yet. In the wiki with one core
> maintainer which all updates go through has been proposed. Yours truly
> suggests that Evgeny (aka Phreedom) of Strigi fame be this person.

Yeah, good idea. Evgeny seems to be the right man for the job :-)

>  3) How do we represent the final ontology? Three alternatives have been put
> up: In a .desktop like format, some simple RDF syntax, or just a written
> spec

In any case, we need a written spec.

>  4) A type system?
>     - Do we need a type system/mapping? Ie. to group stuff like Email,
> Conversations, Music, Video, Contacts, Documents, Images, Websites, News.
> The current search spec relies somewhat on this.

Yes, the ontology won't be very useful without type identification. Is the
knowledge of MIME type, data source and URI enough to categorize
data automatically ?

> 5) libxesam, libxesam-glib, libxesam-qt
>     - How should we provide helper libs? The current idea is to have a
> platform independant libxesam and provide toolkit bindings in wrapper libs.
> Is it worth the effort to have a shared lib instead of doing platform
> dependeant libs directly?

What services would these provide ? Just wrappers for the dbus API ?

I am looking forward to reading the meeting's minutes :-)

Fabrice