SpatialBundles

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Sun Sep 23 23:43:16 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-22 at 11:11 +0200, Luca Cappelletti wrote:
> On 9/21/07, Alexander Larsson <alexl at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>         This means you can only run one instance of the app at the
>         same time.
>
> What you mean and the real life regard "one istance...", how doi
> differ from a standard app installation like you can do today with
> apt-get yum etc etc?
> I do'nt see diferences from SpatialBundles and standard installations
> in terms of accessibility of multiply istances.Probably I do not
> understand what you mean .
> If you take for example ioXournal, I can click on the bundle 10 times
> and I'll have 10 different windows istances.Concurrently another user
> could do the same think so we have 20 separated istances divided into
> 2 users.Using the same bundle!!!

Its a bit hard to understand what you write, but it seemed like you
wanted to make the thing unpack in a fixed directory. But only one
application can unpack in that directory (otherwise, when do you clean
it up? other instances could be running, furthermore, another user could
own the directory and make you run whatever code he wanted, etc) It also
means that if you run two different bundles they would unpack different
things in the same place.

Maybe i misunderstood you. That is completely possible.

But anyway, I don't see this as very interesting compared to other
approches.