JobViewServer specification proposal

Vlad vladc6 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 14:38:31 PDT 2008

Hi,

--- Rafael Fernández López <ereslibre at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to start to work on a specification proposal for
> Freedesktop that
> we have named JobViewServer/JobView.
>
> The goal of this specification is being able of implementing this
> idea
> http://dot.kde.org/1169588301.
>
> Regarding this issue there are currently two main applications on
> Gnome and
> KDE (I don't know if exists something similar on other desktops),
> called
> Mathusalem [1] and kuiserver [2] respectively.

Don't forget KGet ;)

I think it would be great if kuiserver can take on all the features of
KGet, or alternatively if KGet can be modified so that it uses this
new DBus interface you are proposing. In the latter scenario, which
might be better given the large amount of work that has been going
into KGet recently, there would be no more need for a separate
kuiserver GUI.

Either way, having both KGet and a kuiserver GUI in KDE seems a little
redundant.