Commit notifications for specs

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Wed Apr 30 08:18:48 PDT 2008

Quoting Vincent Untz <vuntz at gnome.org>:

> I totally agree that we need to put more than just versions of the
> specs, but also the adoption status, a kind of stability status (is it
> still in development, with potential incompatible changes in the
> future?), draft vs released status, etc.

Regarding the adoption status, stability status, etc, I'd like to urge
both KDE eV and Gnome Foundation to "enforce" FreeDesktop.org's
specifications, as I discussed with Vincent and others at Guademy last
weekend.

Long story short, it would be like this: if there is a fd.o spec for
what you are doing and you are not using it, your app/library won't
enter the official KDE/Gnome/whatever repository *unless* you provide
good reasons for not implementing the fd.o spec (that "unless" is
there in case the spec is disconnected from reality or plain junk).

More at:
http://www.elpauer.org/index.php?p=249

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles