Elektra 0.7.0rc2

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri barbieri at profusion.mobi
Tue Mar 25 18:25:25 PDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Markus Raab <registry at markus-raab.org> wrote:
> 23/03/08 - Announcement 0.7.0rc2 and bachelor thesis about mounting
>
>  We proudly present the second release candidate for Elektra 0.7.0.
>  Many bugs were fixed, kdbGet() and kdbSet() are now really stable, useful
>  and well documented. test_kdb also tests hosts and fstab next to filesys
>  with 6598 test cases (see README in tests to run it).
>
>  kdbSet() now supports a parent key to set only a part of the configuration
>  passed by the keyset, allowing to e.g. save system and user configuration
>  seperately. It only calls kdbSet_backend() when it is actually necessary.
>  The splitting works much more efficient with n*b instead of n^2*b.
>
>  The highlevel functions kdbGetKey() and kdbSetKey() now work well with
>  Capabilities. This allows very easy changing of keys inside backends
>  even with some lacking capabilities, see
>  http://www.libelektra.org/GetStartedMounting
>
>  Patrick Sabin and I wrote our bachelor thesis about mounting backends
>  for configuration. It gives a detailed introduction in problem and choices
>  and the actual implementation.
>  http://www.markus-raab.org/ftp/elektra.pdf elektra.pdf
>  http://www.markus-raab.org/ftp/elektra.ps.gz elektra.ps.gz

Do you have any comparisons of the advantage of using this instead of
EET[1,2]? Enlightenment is using EET for a long time now and things
just work, it's easy to use and performs well, does not depend on
external libraries.

[1] http://wiki.enlightenment.org/index.php/Eet
[2] http://www.enlightenment.org/viewvc/e17/libs/eet/

--