Notification spec issue: Ability to assign an icon *and* an image to a notification

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jun 26 09:49:39 PDT 2009

On Friday 26 June 2009, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> > what i don't think is possible now is to choose what kind of notification
> > i want actually show and what just log, what to show and sms and so
> > forth.
>
> True. This is something which would probably only be possible with a new
> backward-incompatible spec.

it's actually not a backward-incompatible spec, but a new one that would sit
beside the galago one. we'd still need the visual notifications relaying that
we now have as well. galago's dbus service is a part of the puzzle (post-
notification-processing routing of visual notifications), it's just not the
full puzzle.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se