_DBUS_APPLICATION_ID, _DBUS_UNIQUE_NAME, and _DBUS_OBJECT_PATH

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Tue Dec 20 11:14:34 PST 2011

On Fri, 2011-12-16 at 01:36 +0100, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> What are other applications going to do with the object path of the window
> object? We need a standard interface there so standard actions are possible.
> Is there any standard you're thinking of?

At present we're defining interfaces in GTK+ - it is worth thinking
about cross toolkit integration though.

> For example, this KMail composer window I'm writing the email in has the
> following interfaces:
>
> org.kde.kmail.mailcomposer
> org.kde.kontact.KMail.Composer
> org.kde.kontact.KXmlGuiWindow
> org.kde.kontact.KMainWindow
> com.trolltech.Qt.QMainWindow
> com.trolltech.Qt.QWidget
> org.kde.KMainWindow

So far the GTK+ work is purely to export application-defined actions.
Can you give me links to what some of the above interfaces do?

But after looking at this thread I am feeling we should s/_DBUS/_GTK/ in
the window properties - it would only be consistent with the DBus
interfaces we export which are already gtk namespaced.  Ryan?