Support for localized Exec entries, please

Florian Müllner fmuellner at gnome.org
Wed Jun 20 07:06:53 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 9:51 PM, Ronny Standtke <ronny.standtke at gmx.net> wrote:
>> (in particular as you should be able to implement the desired behavior in
>> a less convenient, but spec compliant way).
>
> Again: The proposed workaround only works for the Exec key, not for the URL
> or the NoDisplay key.

Sorry for not having been clear enough, I was not talking about the
"exec" workaround. For NoDisplay, you could use a small autostart
script which writes/modifies a .desktop file according to the locale
in $XDG_DATA_HOME/share/applications. In case URL refers to HTML
pages, a workaround similar to the "exec" one could be used, though
with other MIME types you are indeed out of luck as far as I can see.
In fact, localized URL entries don't sound outright insane to me :-)

Regards,
Florian