udev (from xdg Digest, Vol 109, Issue 18)

Alice Wonder alicewonder at shastaherps.org
Thu Apr 25 12:08:29 PDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-04-25 at 12:00 -0700, xdg-request at lists.freedesktop.org

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 23:48:13 -0700
> From: Alice Wonder <alicewonder at shastaherps.org>
> To: xdg at lists.freedesktop.org
> Subject: udev
>
> First : how come when I type "udev" (without the quotes) in to Search
> box I get no results? I know you host the API docs, and that udev is now
> part of systemd which you also host.

A simple solution that a lot of search engines (e.g. sphider) implement
is to tag certain documents with keywords that then come up in a search.

Documents that deal wit udev could then have that keyword added,
allowing them to come up in results when people visit the site and do a
search for a very common technology such as udev.