New handling for URI scheme handlers

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Dec 21 02:01:36 PST 2013

On Monday 02 December 2013 16:05:56 Bastien Nocera wrote:
> But David's original request was for this to work the same way across
> desktops.

Not really, actually.

We use a different approach. That's fine.

My request is that they don't step on each other's toes :)

Installing a desktop file with x-scheme-handler/http breaks the KDE solution,
so I was hoping to get an agreement on not installing such desktop files.

But I'm starting to see that this won't happen, so I guess I'll stick to "if
KIO supports a scheme and an app exists for the mimetype x-scheme-
handler/<scheme>, then give priority to KIO". If anyone complains that this
isn't xdg-spec-compliant, I want it to be said already that this is because
the spec doesn't make room for our solution...