[udisks] Can't automount disks

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Tue Mar 12 03:36:04 PDT 2013

On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 21:41:02 +0200, Samuli Suominen
<ssuominen at gentoo.org> wrote:
>You need to run your session with ConsoleKit/dbus in the start so you
>don't need to run the daemons like that afterwards

Thanks for the links.

Apparently, ConsoleKit is deadware and replaced with systemd (logind).

At this point, I'm in the dark about what HAL, udev, udisks(1 and 2),
ConsoleKit/PolicyKit/systemd, and D-Bus do and work together, and how
to get whatever software is needed so that the right stuff is loaded
at boot time and users can access mass storage devices, either
internal or external.

If someone knows of a good article that gives the big picture, I'm
definitely interested.

Thank you.