[CREATE] [Mypaint-discuss] Resolution information in ORA

Andrew Chadwick a.t.chadwick at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 06:41:08 PST 2014

Shall we call it `xres`/`yres` then?  We'll probably want to say that
(unless the user changes things) apps SHOULD preserve resolution in
both directions even if they only support resolutions specified in
both directions at once - i.e. they make an assumption that pixels are
square.

Obviously this does not change the definition of what a pixel is in
any x or y attrs or anywhere else in the file.

Attribute values to be `xsd:int`s greater than 1, with a format
default of "75", specifying the pixels per inch in each direction.

On 18 February 2014 16:28, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:

>>> I'm fine with a single property "ppi" -- shall we go with that?
>>

>> I prefer separate x and y resolutions. We've recently got some bug
>> reports that printing with xres != yres is broken under windows,
>> which sort of proves that people are indeed using it.
>

> Okay with me, I don't have a big preference either way, so if there is a
> need, we can go with that.
>
> Boud

Andrew Chadwick