Unhappy with xdg-user-dirs

Bart van Strien bart.bes at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 01:44:05 PDT 2015

On 03/08/15 01:22, "Thomas U. Grüttmüller" wrote:
> I am a Debian user, and found today that a program called
> “xdg-user-dirs” had created, without my approval, the following empty
> folders in my home directory:
> I am very unhappy with this situation, because I did not actively chose
> to install “xdg-user-dirs”. I don’t know why it was installed at all, as
> none of the packages I use depend on it.

Hello Thomas,

It seems to me your primary issue is that xdg-user-dirs was installed by
default and/or without your consent. Rather than blame the software for
existing, it may make much more sense to talk to your distribution
maintainers (debian in this case), and ask them to remove the package
from a default install, or from the repositories entirely.

Regards,
Bart van Strien