[Xesam] [people] pimo:Tag vs nao:Tag

Leo Sauermann leo.sauermann at dfki.de
Fri Sep 25 10:07:51 PDT 2009

It was Evgeny Egorochkin who said at the right time 25.09.2009 18:43 the
following words:
> Basically I think the biggest concern here is interoperability between nao:Tag
> and pimo:Tag.
>
> How can applications that use nao:Tag and pimo:Tag "talk" to each other?

let the same instance be both a nao:tag and a pimo:Tag.

but our plan was:
* nao:Tag is piss-easy, we use it now to get KDE 4.0 off the ground (...
this we said in ~Oct 2006)
* pimo:Tag is way cooler because your things in live are tags. We should
update KDE for this (... uh....)

so, it will take some time to get there.

Sebastian Trüg actually worked on some ways to do this - I think.

did you?

best
Leo

> В сообщении от Пятница 25 сентября 2009 19:30:58 автор Leo Sauermann написал:
>
>> as others may be interested in this discussion, I am also including xesam
>> (= the ontology developers list)
>>
>> I was a bit slow to answer, sorry.
>>
>> Tomás - what are you programming? do you have a url or a blogpost about
>> your work?
>>
>> nao:Tag is for systems that just use NAO/NIE and are fine with
>> no-brainer solutions.
>> a nao:Tag has the semantic meaning of : the tag is a string. its unique.
>>
>> pimo:Tag is for systems that want to achieve a highlevel integration of
>> Addressbooks, Calendars, Websites, etc... into a semantic network.
>> pimo:Tags are then not only tags, but can be also a pimo:Person - that
>> is, you can use a person's name to tag something but - surprise - it is
>> also a person.
>> now clicking on the person will get more...
>> a pimo:Tag has the semantic meaning of : the tag is a unique string
>> which is also a Thing out of the real world which can have more attributes.
>>
>> I also documented this here in the FAQ
>> https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/oscaf/wiki/PIMO/FAQ#Whatisthedifferencebe
>> tweennao:Tagandpimo:Tag
>>
>> best
>> Leo
>>

>> It was Tomás Vírseda who said at the right time 12.09.2009 23:50 the
>>
>> following words:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm confused about pimo:Tag and nao:Tag classes described in their
>>> respective ontology. Which is the difference between these two clases?
>>> I'm reading the ontologies documentation but I can't still figure out
>>> how they should be used. I'm developing a tagging system in a
>>> application and I would like to use Nepomuk.
>>>
>>> About pimo:Tag description:
>>> "Tags in the context of PIMO. A marker class for Things that are used
>>> to categorize documents (or other things). Tags must be a kind of
>>> Thing and must have a unique label. Documents should not be Tags by
>>> default."
>>>
>>> About nao:Tag description:
>>> "This class is useful for modelling conventional tagging practices.
>>> The user can tag resources in conventional ways, automatically
>>> creating an instance of this tag, which is then related to the
>>> annotated resource via the nao:hasTag property. For more on tagging as
>>> annotation see Section 2.3.". I've read this section and the
>>> explanation is very convincing.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>> Kind regards
>>>
>>> --
>>> Tomás Vírseda

Dr. Leo Sauermann       http://www.dfki.de/~sauermann

Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer
Kuenstliche Intelligenz DFKI GmbH
Trippstadter Strasse 122
P.O. Box 2080           Fon:   +43 6991 gnowsis
D-67663 Kaiserslautern  Fax:   +49 631 20575-102
Germany                 Mail:  leo.sauermann at dfki.de

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Prof.Dr.Dr.h.c.mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313