[Xesam] [people] pimo:Tag vs nao:Tag

Ivan Frade ivan.frade at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 00:55:30 PDT 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 7:30 PM, Leo Sauermann <leo.sauermann at dfki.de>wrote:

> nao:Tag is for systems that just use NAO/NIE and are fine with
> no-brainer solutions.
> a nao:Tag has the semantic meaning of : the tag is a string. its unique.
>

> pimo:Tag is for systems that want to achieve a highlevel integration of
> Addressbooks, Calendars, Websites, etc... into a semantic network.
> pimo:Tags are then not only tags, but can be also a pimo:Person - that
> is, you can use a person's name to tag something but - surprise - it is
> also a person

Out of curiosity: so "pimo:Tag" is then a generic "link" between two
resources?

It sounds like we could replace all properties between concepts (exclusing
inheritance) as tags: "music piece belongs to an album" could be a Tag,
Contact sent an email..." another tag, "Contact has postal address" another
tag....

.
> now clicking on the person will get more...
> a pimo:Tag has the semantic meaning of : the tag is a unique string
> which is also a Thing out of the real world which can have more attributes.

Then it is opening the door to all kind of "custom properties". A pimo:Tag
is like a property between two things that the user can label... it sounds
pretty dangerous.

Regards,,

Ivan