New development model check-in.

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Wed Nov 18 04:20:48 PST 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 23:01 +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 11:38:01AM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > >
> > > I'd suggest creating your own tree and sending pull requests, rather
> > > than relying on random patchsets on the list being vaccuumed up ...
> >
> > Are there at least any indications that we're getting any tangible
> > benefits from this increased workload?
>
> You don't think it's a little early to tell? I mean, we're only, what,
> six weeks in? Less?

It's already clear that it's much harder to get even relatively
straightforward stuff in, and creates more work for everybody. Nobody's
answered my question why that would be a good idea for a project which
is supposedly suffering from lack of manpower.

> I'd say the increased patch review has been a definite plus.

That's probably true, maybe it would be possible to get at least some of
that without the downsides. Patch reviews were already increasing before
the model change.