Live builds (was: Merged proto package)

Dirk Wallenstein halsmit at t-online.de
Wed Apr 21 07:26:13 PDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 02:18:11PM +0200, Florian Mickler wrote:
> and which automagically selects all necessary protocols, extensions,
> fonts, and whatnot to make it work with your selections and after that
> you just start building and it fetches everything and compiles and so
> on... it probably could let you select between the tagged versions...

Much smaller. Not a Gentoo Portage. I just had those things in mind that
would facilitate the life of the occasional tester. I don't know if the
need for it even exists, but the android-'repo' [1] looks somewhat like
it. Like git it obviously finds its configuration and so you could say
'build-and-install-this-module' out of the box.

[1] http://source.android.com/download/using-repo