xkb_layout documentation

Jens Harms au1064 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 12:16:22 UTC 2019

imho both strings "XkbLayout" and "xkb_layout" are ?currently? used. i hope
i'm using the right repo.
Now i try to checkout what the crazy gnome desktop is doing to my keyboard
settings, maybe i switch back to fvwm2...

Cheers,
 Jens

FYI:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-input-keyboard/blob/master/src/kbd.c
: Line 78

#endif /* NetBSD */
    "XkbRules", "base",
    "XkbModel", "pc105",
    "XkbLayout", "us",
    NULL
};

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-input-libinput/blob/master/src/xf86libinput.c
: Line 1040
rmlvo.layout = xf86SetStrOption(pInfo->options,
"xkb_layout",
defaults.layout);