ATI mach64 core consultant work needed

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Fri Oct 15 20:50:33 PDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 11:53:58AM -0500, Richard Smith wrote:
> We have the register docs for the M1 and the BIOS source code and we
> have permission from ATI to release any source code generated from these
> sources under GPL whatever so any work done can go directly back into
> the X tree.

For what it's worth, the current ATI driver (and the rest of the X tree)
is either under a three-clause BSD licence (i.e. sans advertising
clause), or the MIT/X11 licence; both are significantly more permissive
than the GPL.

--
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel at freedesktop.org>
freedesktop.org: powering your desktop                http://www.freedesktop.org