How does one check whether XRENDER is accelerated?

Samium Gromoff _deepfire at mail.ru
Wed Feb 8 16:23:31 PST 2006

Good day, list.

Thing is, i`ve got a blazing-fast radeon X800 and yet, random
XRenderComposite`s with PictOpSrc in 640x480x32 are not so blazing fast.
(something around 2000 fps, with XFlushes). The xserver is XOrg7 and the
drivers are somewhere around the latest ati`s fglrx ones.

This leads me to a natural question whether it is my mistake somewhere
down the road, or i simply cannot get more out of XRENDER on my card.

At which point, i thought i`d want a formal method of checking the
potential of XRENDER in a particular xserver+drivers+hardware
configuration.

So, is there a standard benchmark for XRENDER? Is there a way to figure
out in a reliable manner whether XRENDER is accelerated at all?

I`ve heard somewhere that nvidia does have XRENDER acceleration in its
proprietary drivers, but i`m not so sure if ati does.

Thanks in advance for any information!

regards, Samium Gromoff