Error of Beryl+AIGLX on i965

Andrew Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 14:01:59 PST 2006

On 11/23/06, Keith Whitwell <keith at tungstengraphics.com> wrote:
> Andrew J. Barr wrote:
> > I tried FC x86_64 myself on my DG965RY desktop board and it worked
> > better than expected, but the windows on the screen were strangely
> > corrupted--half of the window was scrambled, kind of stretched at an
> > angle (it's kind of hard to describe what it looked like). This was the
> > Compiz that comes with FC6.
>
> That sounds like a bug that got fixed quite a while ago in Mesa.  Maybe
> FC6 didn't pick those changes up/was waiting for a Mesa release.

Do you have a link to a CVS diff or bug number that I could pick up a
patch from? I have built updated Mesa 6.5.1 packages for Debian (two
changes: -fno-strict-aliasing for gcc 4.1 and the
post-6.5.1-i965-fixes.patch from the Fedora SRPM) and now I am
reproducing the issue in Debian as well.

This is, incidentally, closer than I've ever come to having Compiz
work right on this machine so I'd be very happy to get this conquered
once and for all.

Thanks,
Andrew