Error building modular on FreeBSD

R.L. Horn lists at eastcheap.org
Mon Oct 16 20:55:46 PDT 2006

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, Jeremy Sherling wrote:

> So, xcb is optional?  I must have missed that part.  I just ended up
> cutting the makefile to skip anything that gave errors.  so, I ended up
> with a partial X install.

XCB is an alternative to Xlib, but it's not required, at least for the
R7.1 release proper.

I just started to install it for myself, just to see how it goes together,
but ran into a libxslt dependency and kind of lost interest.  (When
you're in the boonies, where DSL is but the fevered dream of a madman,
libbloat dependencies tend to lack appeal...)

You might try posing questions to the XCB mailing list: