X at FOSDEM2008: DevRoom confirmed. Call for speakers.

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Wed Nov 28 10:03:29 PST 2007

Yes! We have official confirmation that we have a DevRoom at the
upcoming (and i'm specifically _not_ saying "this years") FOSDEM event.

The wiki page with current information is at
http://wiki.x.org/wiki/fosdem2008

As you can see, the speaker schedule is still completely empty, and we
need to fill it before January 31st. I'm going to poke a few chinese
volunteers directly, but if anyone here is interested in giving a talk
out of their own free will, then please give me a holler ASAP.

We will not have the same room we had in the past two editions, instead
we will get one with 100 seats, so we will have to deliver a larger
crowd ;)

Also, there are early plans to organise a HotHouse before the DevRoom,
so that people can get more out of their travelling to Brussels than
"just a few talks". This is very preliminary, as we first need to know
whether this will draw a sufficiently large crowd and whether we will be
able to get funding for a small conference room with the necessary
creature comforts.

So if you are from anywhere in europe, or if you have a travelbudget
that reaches this far: mark saturday the 23rd and sunday the 24th in
your calendars, and keep friday and thursday as optional :)

>From the organisational side, i would like to hear some feedback ASAP:

* For interested speakers: please get in touch asap.

* For the hothouse: please state whether you would like to be present at
a hothouse on friday (or that you're not interested), and whether you
would also like to be present on thursday.

Thanks,

Luc Verhaegen.
SUSE/Novell X Driver Developer.