New gotcha I just ran into, was radeonhd function missing

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Mar 18 09:11:33 PDT 2009

On Wednesday 18 March 2009, Beso wrote:
>2009/3/18 Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>:
>> Greetings Beso;
>>
>> Sorry about getting sidetracked.
>>
>> I've cleaned up my busted edits in the script, and now have a new failure
>> exit from the mesa build.
>>
>> gmake[4]: Entering directory
>> `/usr/src/mesa/src/gallium/state_trackers/egl' gcc -I../../include
>> -I../../auxiliary -
>> I../../../../src/mesa/drivers/dri/common -I../../../../src/mesa -
>> I../../../../include -I../../../../src/egl/main
>> -I/usr/src/drm/build/include - I/usr/src/drm/build/include/drm   -g -O2
>> -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -std=c99 - ffast-math -fno-strict-aliasing
>>  -fPIC  -DUSE_X86_ASM -DUSE_MMX_ASM - DUSE_3DNOW_ASM -DUSE_SSE_ASM
>> -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPTHREADS -DHAVE_POSIX_MEMALIGN - DUSE_EXTERNAL_DXTN_LIB=1
>> -DIN_DRI_DRIVER -DGLX_DIRECT_RENDERING - DGLX_INDIRECT_RENDERING
>> -DHAVE_ALIAS  -c -o egl_context.o egl_context.c In file included from
>> egl_context.c:7:
>> egl_tracker.h:131: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before
>> ‘drmModeModeInfoPtr’
>> gmake[4]: *** [egl_context.o] Error 1
>> gmake[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mesa/src/gallium/state_trackers/egl'
>> gmake[3]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
>> gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mesa/src/gallium/state_trackers'
>> gmake[2]: *** [default] Error 1
>> gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mesa/src/gallium'
>> make[1]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mesa/src'
>> make: *** [default] Error 1
>> error making mesa
>> ==========================
>> [root at coyote src]# cd mesa
>> [root at coyote mesa]# grep -R drmModeModeInfoPtr *
>> src/gallium/state_trackers/xorg/xorg_output.c:    drmModeModeInfoPtr
>> drm_mode = NULL;
>> src/gallium/state_trackers/egl/egl_surface.c:static drmModeModeInfoPtr
>> src/gallium/state_trackers/egl/egl_surface.c:   drmModeModeInfoPtr m =
>> NULL; src/gallium/state_trackers/egl/egl_tracker.h:   drmModeModeInfoPtr
>> mode; src/gallium/state_trackers/egl/egl_tracker.c:   drmModeModeInfoPtr m
>> = NULL; ===========================
>> Looks like there is a missing include line?  But otherwise things are
>> looking good, it has come quite a ways.  The modules are now installed I
>> believe. However I haven't rebooted since the drm and the older version of
>> mesa and radeonhd probably would not be a stable combination. I had to add
>> a few lines to the script to stop the cp module errors because building a
>> kernel without drm, it doesn't even have a gpu/drm dir in the
>> /lib/modules/`uname - r`/kernel/drivers/ tree.
>>
>> I've attached a copy of the script as I ran it last.  Hopefully it isn't
>> too badly butchered. :)
>
>if you need to reboot, just reinstall the compiled modules (dri2proto,
>mesa, libdrm and kernel modules,xf86-video-radeonhd) from fedora
>repository.

But that would mean I'd have to reboot to the stock, latest kernel I believe,
at which point only the readeondh would be diff.  yumex can install that right
now in fact.  Or I need to turn the drm back on and rebuild before I reboot.
That is probably the preferable path of least resistance ATM.

>it should work as it worked before.
>if i run the script now it builds everything. from the erro it might
>be something from the official repository (sometimes they commit
>something that doesn't really work and they fix it some time after
>that). try posting the whole output of the script by redirecting
>everything to a file and attaching that file.

I tried several different redir syntaxes earlier and wasn't able to generate a
file of more than 0 bytes even after a re-read of man bash.  What syntax are
you using?

>if there's something
>missing in your system it might have been found by the autogen.sh
>script.

Reran it again. Exit message still the same as above. Added the list so
everybody see's it.  If I can make the redirection work, I'll attach
everything.  I just enabled the configure line that was commented out, which
seemed to make the un-init'd  vars reports much more numerous, but the exit
message remains as pasted above.  However, I note in the building modules
stanza, this:
=====================
  Building modules, stage 2.
fatal: Not a git repository
  MODPOST 13 modules
WARNING: "drm_agp_init_ttm" [/usr/src/drm/linux-core/via.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "drm_agp_acquire" [/usr/src/drm/linux-core/nouveau.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "drm_agp_bind" [/usr/src/drm/linux-core/nouveau.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "drm_agp_init_ttm" [/usr/src/drm/linux-core/nouveau.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "drm_agp_alloc" [/usr/src/drm/linux-core/nouveau.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "drm_agp_enable" [/usr/src/drm/linux-core/nouveau.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "drm_agp_info" [/usr/src/drm/linux-core/nouveau.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "drm_agp_release" [/usr/src/drm/linux-core/mga.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "drm_agp_acquire" [/usr/src/drm/linux-core/mga.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "drm_agp_free" [/usr/src/drm/linux-core/mga.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "drm_agp_bind" [/usr/src/drm/linux-core/mga.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "drm_agp_unbind" [/usr/src/drm/linux-core/mga.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "drm_agp_alloc" [/usr/src/drm/linux-core/mga.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "drm_agp_enable" [/usr/src/drm/linux-core/mga.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "drm_agp_info" [/usr/src/drm/linux-core/mga.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "drm_addbufs_agp" [/usr/src/drm/linux-core/mga.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "init_mm" [/usr/src/drm/linux-core/drm.ko] undefined!
so I have doubts it will work, that last WARNING about init_mm is the error I
get when I try to modprobe the new drm.ko it has made.  And I'm going to have
to do that as kmail has taken to spinning its wheels for about 1 minute just
to open a composer to reply to a message.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)