libXt 1.1.1 cross compilation breakage

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Tue Mar 15 17:44:07 PDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-03-15 at 17:17 -0700, Paul Bender wrote:

> For what it is worth, as long I set the environment variables
> CC_FOR_BUILD, CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD and LDFLAGS_FOR_BUILD during
> configure,
> makestrs compiles correctly during cross compile. However, if I do
> not
> set these environment variables during configure, then makestrs fails
> compile during cross cross compile.

And what would be those values, the native compiler or the
cross-compiler?
What happens if you don't set them? same as Jason?

From my reading, the issue would be that makestrs drags many header
files
which are probably appropriate for the host system but not for the build
system.

configure.ac:

        # Set-up variables to use build machine compiler when cross-compiling
        if test x"$CC_FOR_BUILD" = x; then
        	if test x"$cross_compiling" = xyes; then
        		AC_CHECK_PROGS(CC_FOR_BUILD, gcc cc)
        	else
        	        CC_FOR_BUILD="$CC"
        	fi
        fi
        AC_SUBST([CC_FOR_BUILD])
        CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD=${CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD-${CFLAGS}}
        AC_SUBST(CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD)
        LDFLAGS_FOR_BUILD=${LDFLAGS_FOR_BUILD-${LDFLAGS}}
        AC_SUBST(LDFLAGS_FOR_BUILD)

Thanks