Limit events of a specific keyboard to a specific application

Dr. Zimmermann R.Zimmermann at UKE.Uni-Hamburg.de
Thu Jan 30 03:11:30 PST 2014

Hello,

For research purposes we are measuring human brain activity under the
influence of external stimuli (visual/auditory/somatosensory). The
subject has to reply to tasks using 'button boxes' which are implemented
as (response) keyboards. During the session, the operator should control
the experiment via the (main) keyboard (without getting his keyboard
inputs messed up by the response keyboards).

Therefore I have detached the (response-)keyboards from the
virtual core keyboard
using the 'xinput --float name-of-response-kbd' comand.

Next I'd like to attach these keyboards to a specific process only. Can
someone give some advice how to do that?

Regards, Roger
--

Besuchen Sie uns auf: www.uke.de

Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf; Körperschaft des öffentlichen Rechts; Gerichtsstand: Hamburg
Vorstandsmitglieder: Prof. Dr. Christian Gerloff (Vertreter des Vorsitzenden), Prof. Dr. Dr. Uwe Koch-Gromus, Joachim Prölß, Rainer Schoppik

SAVE PAPER - THINK BEFORE PRINTING