Re: Localize the «Compoze» key combinations?

Hi-Angel hiangel999 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 03:59:17 PST 2015

>> E.g. after I am in cyryllic layout pressed «Compose + Б + Б», it would
>> produced the "«" sign because in English layout the «Б» key is in the
>> place of the «<» key. Any ideas are welcome.
>
>When you are using the compose mechanism from Xlib, you can add your own
>compose sequences into your ~/.XCompose file.  For example,
>
>  <Multi_key> <Cyrillic_BE> <Cyrillic_BE> : "«" guillemotleft
>
>should do the trick.

No, no, that's the workaround that I'd wanted to escape. At least for
two reasons:
 ● It is very confusing. E.g. the «.» symbol in both layouts is in a
different places, so every time i need to type a symbol, I'd needed to
stop and think for a moment: in which layout am I now?
 ● The original compose file have ≈6000 lines, plus I am using these
great https://github.com/kragen/xcompose/blob/master/dotXCompose
combinations. Even if I am do not use every symbol, I would be very
hurt to add a symbol to my layout every time I needed one and restart
X server. I tried before to write a script in CL to localize a compose
file, that was the time I found that the «keysym»s and UTF names that
I can get in CL is differ 😄