[Clipart] introduction

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Tue Apr 13 09:50:54 PDT 2004

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Jonathan Phillips wrote:
> I think we need to lobby HEAVILY for ooffice to support SVG ASAP!

Well, the only way we should "lobby" is to put together a great
collection of SVG clipart.  Actions speak louder than words, after all!

Also, I was talking with Ted last night about improving Inkscape's
clipboard support to add EPS and other formats.  This would mean that
even if OOo doesn't support SVG, by using Inkscape people could still
make use of the clipart.  It certainly wouldn't be convenient, but it'd
be close enough to expose a big itch to scratch.  ;-)

Anyway, I'd say let's be patient, build a great collection of clipart,
and see what comes.

Bryce

P.S. welcome aboard Niku!