[Clipart] Screenshot uploaded: my implementation of Sokoban in SVG. if you like to play: http://www.treebuilder.de/svg/sokoban/sokoban.svgz

Nathan Eady eady at galion.lib.oh.us
Tue Apr 26 12:12:26 PDT 2005

Jon Phillips wrote:

> Is this screenshot legal? It is an implementation of a game, but I'm not
> sure if the game is copyrighted.

The question I'd be asking is whether any of the artwork in it comes
from our collection; if so, then I'd suppose that the person putting
said artwork into the game (thus, one of the game's own developers)
is familiar with the OCAL and probably submitted the screenshot himself,
meaning we would definitely be publishing it in good faith.  (If the
developer's boss later objects, we can always remove it.)

It's screenshots that clearly don't have any OCAL artwork in them
that seem problematic to me.