[Clipart] incoming logos

Andy Fitzsimon andyfitz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 17:32:37 PST 2005

Just remember guys,  with trademarked logos ( even ones that resemble
them ) we are practically publishing peoples signatures for
unauthorised use.  I've been guilty of recreating some trademarks and
if any are still in OCAL I suggest they be removed..
That said publisahing a trademark's artwork is fine if you have
permission from the owner and publish acceptable use guidelines.   if
the user knows that they can only use the logo after the owner has
been contacted and been witness to its use,  we are simply allowing
people to get to these trademarks easier, in the one place.

I didn't think OCAL would go down the path of logos etc ,  but if we
do  I'd suggest making sure people downloading trademarked works know
there is an acceptable use policy and a contact method in which they
can seek permission to use it.