[Clipart] More XML, please

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Thu Jul 27 02:57:27 PDT 2006

Florent Monnier wrote:

>> As for wanting one XML per file, why do you want this? SVG *is* XML...
>
> I mean XML with informations about the file, for exemple containing
> its author's name, its release date, its title, its url, the different
> cathegories it belongs to, its keywords, its popularity, etc...
>
> On other websites there are RDF and/or RSS, but it doesn't contain all the
> informations i can get with a web-crawler script to browse the web-sites...

As I said, SVG is XML and inside our SVG you will find a RDF section
with at least: author name, title, keywords, license.
Additional info, like URL and popularity should be available in the RSS
of the page linking to image files.

Note that development for ccHost is taking place elsewhere and probably
the best place for feature requests is upstream:
Solving it there would also benefit other projects using ccHost.

--
nicu
my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/