[Clipart] download packages

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Sun Oct 1 19:41:05 PDT 2006

On Sun, 1 Oct 2006, Florent Monnier wrote:

> > > I'm not part the OCAL team, but if my answer is right, it will save time
> > > of the OCAL developers.
> > >
> > > The OCAL library is not the kind of "library" you mean in your question,
> > > which is  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Library_(computer_science)
> > >
> > > It's a collection of vector clip art :
> > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clip_Art
> > >
> > > If your born language is not English, check if there is a translation for
> > > you from here to get an explanation of what is the OCAL project :
> > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Clip_Art_Library

I've never been overly fond of adding in the word Library and would have
simply used "Openclipart" as one word.  I have always tried to discourage
the use of the acronym as it only serves to obscure the project and make
publicity a little bit harder by hiding the meaning for to save a few
keystrokes and not something to be encouraged.

(the acronym is also already take but when aren't they
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OCAL )

It is wikipedia so I'll probably wade in and change it at some point if no
one beats me to it.

> Sorry I will not be able to help you defining the word "library" related to
> the OCAL project, since English is not my born language, and because using
> this word in this context is very strange for me too (so I undersand that
> people can be confused).

> If there are other French speaking people around, the article is of course
> open for modification and discussion, as usual on Wikipedia!
> http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/OCAL

Avoid the acronym, and use the page name Openclipart or some variaton of
the words not the acronym.  Easier and clearer for everyone.

The page OCAL should really redirect to the page with a proper title not
the other way around.

--
Alan