[SCIM] What's the difference between three config modules?

James Su suzhe at tsinghua.org.cn
Mon Dec 27 17:49:36 PST 2004

Hi,
  Socket FrontEnd, Config, IMEngine are necessary to setup a
Client/Server type IM environment. These three modules are needed, if
you don't want each application to load a full set of SCIM to waste too
much memory. gconf Config is optional, if you don't like plain text
config file used by simple Config module, and you are using GNOME, then
use gconf instead.
  Many usrs complained that multiple rpms always confuse them and hard
to install. So I prefer to combine all necessary components of SCIM into
one large rpm package.

Regards
James Su