[SCIM] scim 1.0.2 source package is available now.

Suyash suyash at 163.com
Sat Jan 1 13:20:41 PST 2005

Thankx for adding ne_NP definition in scim library.

I downloaded the scim-1.0.2 FC3 packages and they all installed without
any problems. But there are few things that I'd like to mention.

With the latest FC3 packages installed, the scim-panel-kde (skim) gets
started as usual but you cannot input the characters using scim. Because
of the alternatives to the xinput config file that you have introduced
in FC3 RPM spec file, it seems that SCIM has been confined to ja_JP,
ko_KR, zh_CN, zh_TW locales. So the user with different locale settings
other than the above specified locales can't be using SCIM IM engines
for KDE applications though it works well in GNOME through
GTK_IM_MODULE.

Since SCIM itself doesn't depend upon locale settings, I think adding a
default symlink to /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim in the very same folder
would be preferable over the locale dependant alternatives settings.

Regards,
Suyash