[SCIM] Re: From a newbie: problems in running scim

Yukiko Bando ybando@k6.dion.ne.jp
Fri Jan 7 08:35:51 PST 2005

On Friday 07 January 2005, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> However I found out that the problems about accented italian characters
> (à , ì, etc) and man pages messing up, and also the output of '$ locale'
> depend strictly on what I put in the ~/.i18n file.
> So, before trying Mike's suggestions,
> I'd need to know (maybe from a Mandrake user) what lines to type
> exactly in that file.

Here's what localedrake wrote in ~/.i18n when I selected Italian as the
language, Japan as the country and SCIM as the input method in the current
cooker.
---------------------------------
LANGUAGE=it_IT.UTF-8:it
GTK_IM_MODULE=scim
LC_ADDRESS=ja_JP.UTF-8
LC_COLLATE=it_IT.UTF-8
QT_IM_MODULE=scim
LC_NAME=ja_JP.UTF-8
LC_NUMERIC=ja_JP.UTF-8
LC_MEASUREMENT=ja_JP.UTF-8
LC_TIME=it_IT.UTF-8
LANG=it_IT.UTF-8
LC_IDENTIFICATION=ja_JP.UTF-8
LC_MESSAGES=it_IT.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE=it_IT.UTF-8
LC_TELEPHONE=ja_JP.UTF-8
LC_MONETARY=ja_JP.UTF-8
XIM_PROGRAM="scim -d"
LC_PAPER=ja_JP.UTF-8
XMODIFIERS=@im=SCIM

After editing /etc/scim/global as follows, all installed input methods became
available in Qt applications as well.

/SupportedUnicodeLocales = en_US.UTF-8,it_IT.UTF-8

I'm not sure if this is what you were asking and things might be different in
9.1 ...

Yukiko