[SCIM] SCIM 1.1.2 is available for testing.

Zhe Su james.su@gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 18:04:01 PST 2005

Hi,
  Proxy IMEngine can be used to filter/convert some output of an
IMEngine. For example convert the output strings from Simplified
Chinese to Traditional Chinese, or translate between Chinese and
English, on the fly. It also can do many other tasks, eg. provide an
extra window to display the meaning of a phrase in the LookupTable.
And keyboard layout switching also can be implemented by such way.

  For keyboard layout switching, your idea is good, but it seems that
it's very complex :-). In my view, each IMEngine should tell scim
which keyboard layout should be used. SCIM should provide a setup tool
to let users specify the keyboard layout actually used by them.  Then
scim should convert the key events from the layout used by users to
the layout used by IMEngine before sending them to IMEngine.
  But in such way, the API of IMEngine and KeyEvent must be changed.
And IMEngines must be modified to support it.

Regards
James Su