User point of view (please simplify!)

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Apr 6 07:58:47 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 02:19, Maurizio Monge wrote:
> If so, to use X at its full power will be VERY DIFFICULT

> Please don't flame me, but isn't X api a bit too old?

Sure, X has a lot of warts and some hurdles (so does OpenGL), but its
not going to be replaced. It's age is not the issue, its that graphics
traditionally, and as far as I can see, will continue to be driven by
hardware issues, its the nature of the beast, sorry. Your best option is
to use a toolkit that hides some of difficulties.